The migrations to the current territory of the Argentina began several milleniums B.C., with the arrival of the cultures of Asian origin that entered to the American continent for Beringia, according to the most accepted theories, and were populating slowly the American continent. At the arrival of the Spanish, the inhabitants of the current Argentine territory were representing hundreds of thousands of persons belonging to numerous civilizations, cultures, cities and different tribes.
On this substratum, the Argentine territory has experienced different migratory currents:
he Hispanic settling between the XVIth and XVIIIth century, for the most part masculine, that assimilated with the native ones in a process of miscegenation. Not the whole current territory was colonized really by the Spanish. The region chaqueña, the Patagonia, the territory of the current province of The Pampas and of most of the current provinces of Buenos Aires, San Luis and Mendoza were kept under indigenous domain Mapuche, ranqueles, wichis and other peoples until they were conquered by the Argentine State, after the independence.
* The persons' forced introduction of black skin taken of Africa to be employed as slaves at the colony between the XVIIth and XIXth century.
* The European immigration promoted by the Constitution Argentina of 1853 under the base of the rule alberdiano, of governing is to populate, destined to generate a social rural fabric and to finish the occupation of the territories obtained by means of the military campaign against the Mapuche and ranqueles named conquest of the desert.
* The urban, principally European immigration and in minor measure of Middle East, produced during ends of the 19th century and the first half of the XXth.
* The immigration of neighboring countries, more or less it continues throughout the XIXth and XXth century. This type of immigration that goes back to the first civilizations agroalfareras appeared in Argentine territory , unlike the European immigration was considered to be always a problem for not being included in the one that it must be promoted in fulfillment of the Constitution.
* The new migratory currents from the years ' 80 and ' 90 from ones Peru, Bolivia, Paraguay, Colombia, Central America, Asia and Eastern Europe.